The COVID-19 virus is impacting all facets of our economy.
Whether your association supports restaurants, retailers, hospitality, or the travel and tourism industries, your members need your help.
One way to do so is to keep the public informed of how your member businesses are responding to the crisis and to help boost business as much as possible.
By communicating with the public, you will provide a valuable service for your association membership.
Your communications can help them generate business and allow them to focus on what they do best – serving customers.
Given that face-to-face communication is limited, a good plan begins online.
This starts with a website that has information for the public. A simple website can be built relatively quickly and inexpensively but serve as a communitywide resource for your members.
Once you have the website, people need a way to get to it. This should include promoting it via email, social media posts, and paid advertising. Ads can be geo-targeted to the region or city your organization serves.
Put it together and you can very quickly inform thousands of people and help support your membership.
Industry Specific Ideas:
- Restaurants Associations
- Post updates of what restaurants are open
- Promote carry-out and delivery options
- Chambers of Commerce & Retail Associations
- Remind consumers of the importance of buying local
- Present options of buying online or over the phone
- Periodically feature individual retailers for promotion
- Travel & Tourism & Hospitality
- Provide needed information about event re-scheduling and postponements
- Encourage tourists to buy gift cards to support their favorite small businesses
- Post social media messages in solidarity of tourist destinations